Charlotte Penn Clark
(Extra Credit, #1)
Publication date: March 1st 2017
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
They’re just partners….
Kyle’s got a problem. He needs to pass college composition to graduate but he can’t get words on a page. And it’s landed him in a pilot class called Extra Credit for students in trouble — when all he wants is to be left alone.
Lani’s got a problem too. She doesn’t like making waves and it gets her stuck in that Extra Credit class. When she ends up partnered with Kyle things start getting complicated. Kyle is angry, restless, impatient; Lani is calm, introverted, bookish. But when these opposites attract how will they manage to stay “just partners”?
Extra Credit is a New Adult series that takes place on a college campus and puts three unlikely couples together to see what happens. Each novella is in dual point-of-view with a happy ending that can be read as a standalone, though they’re better together…! The series includes sexy times that are only meant for readers over 18.
LANI’S READING LIST
Lani Ito, the heroine of THE PARTNERSHIP (Extra Credit #1) by Charlotte Penn Clark, is a voracious reader and a gifted writer of dance criticism…. Here are ten of her favorite books! Enjoy!
- Zora Neale Hurston’s Their Eyes Were Watching God is an amazing coming of age story that meant a lot to Lani.
- Natalie Goldberg’s Writing Down the Bones offers great strategies for dealing with writer’s block.
- The Pocket Pena Chodron— because Buddhist nuns know how to stay calm.
- Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre, where the pushover pushes back!
- F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Great Gatsby for the sheer beauty of the prose, and because the movie is gorgeous too.
- The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer is a classic romance with another irresistible cranky hero… (and it’s even on Kindle Unlimited!).
- To learn the craft of arts criticism you can’t do better than Pauline Kael, who makes it okay to have (and defend) a strong opinion.
- For ballet buffs and New Yorkers, George Balanchine and his New York City Ballet set a high bar(re!).
- Lani is right: Virginia Woolf’s A Room of One’s Own is a classic AND a short easy read.
- And finally, spoiler alert! By the end of the series Lani will make use of Molly Bloom’s famous last words in James Joyce’s Ulysses… wait and see!
Charlotte Penn Clark is a lifelong reader of historical romances and a writer of contemporary and new adult romances. She puts smart women and sexy men in complicated situations while trying to keep them away from Awful Misunderstandings. Her Carmichael series interweaves the lives and loves of five privileged sisters in a political family. Her new series, Extra Credit, tells the stories of three unlikely couples thrown together on a college campus. She lives in New York City with her family.
For updates on new releases and blog posts sign up for her newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/b4VXN1
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway